Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Year, A New Goal.. Down with the resolutions

I refuse to make a New Years Resolution. I never stick to them and then I get all bummed when I fail to live up to my unrealistic expectations. At the end of January 2010, after once again not living up to my "New Year's Resolution", I had one of those "Ah Ha!" moments. After living my whole life, especially pre-teen to present time trying one fad diet after the next, I was going to stop the diets and start a lifestyle change. I cut the carbs, literally. It was a year of discovery for me. I don't think I will ever forget 2010. It was the beginning of the end of dieting and off and on exercising. The end of excuses, the end of pity parties and gorging. I have NEVER been able to stick to a diet for longer than three months. But I have stuck to this lifestyle change for almost a year, a year!
So for 2011, I am setting goals for myself. No more resolutions. My goals will be simple, straight forward and realistic. I am never going to be a size 4 and 120lbs, not happening. So people who care and those who may not here are Pearls Goals of 2011:

1. Exercise at least 5 hours a week. There can be more, but not less a week.

2. Run a 5K. At least one, maybe more. Pray for me, b/c I am a chicken...

3. Go on an International Mission Trip. God has given me a heart for missions and a passion to see His message taken to those who have never heard, but once again I always make excuses. I pray God would calm my doubts and fears and give me the strength to take this step of faith. I am planning on going to Bolivia this summer with Aaron. We are praying that everything works out with work, finances and our two wonderful children.

4. Spend more time with my boys. I love them so much and they are growing so quickly. Wesley turns 9 this year, unbelievable.

5. Celebrate the best ten years of my life being married to the greatest man ever. September 1 marks Aaron and my ten year wedding anniversary. If I only knew then what I know now....


This is going to be a great year, even if I don't reach one of my goals, 2011 is going to be a year to celebrate life. Ten year wedding and college anniversary and I am in the best shape of my life. I am looking forward to days ahead and all God has in store for me.

No comments: