Saturday, August 7, 2010

How to eat low-carb and feed a family

 This is low-carb chicken nuggets - the breading? Crushed pork skins, I dipped them in sour cream thinned with water then shook them all up with a bag of crushed pork skins then fried them in Canola Oil in my cast iron skillet. My children, hubby and I loved them.
 This is Chipotle Lime Roasted Zucchini Sticks
 Pre-heat oven to 500 degrees, spray cookie sheet with Pam, cut up zucchini into  quarter inch by 3 inch sticks (fries) and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with grill seasoning of your choice and cook in oven for 15min or until done. Great fries alternative.
 Who doesn't love cantaloupe? So far this season, Food Lion has had the best....











I have two little boys who love mac-n-cheese. This is not low-carb and I am not allowed to have it. Pasta has tons of carbs, no benefits. Fix this for the carb-lovers in your family and load up on the fruit and veggies.

No comments: